[Translate to English:] Ballsaal
Located on the second floor of the Georgenbau, it boasted enchanting views over the Stallhof (Stable Yard) towards the Frauenkirche. Decorated with gold leaf, marble and stucco, the room was an outstanding example of Historicism, while fine ornaments, music-playing putti and flower children added a festive atmosphere. It was the most important construction project undertaken by King Johann in the Palace. In 1945 the ballroom was almost completely destroyed, but it is now being faithfully restored by Sächsisches Immobilien- und Baumanagement Dresden in collaboration with numerous craftsmen from Saxony.