to main navigation

to content

to area navigation

Catalogue of Photographs up to 1945

Title of the research project:
“Orte der Fotografie”. A catalogue of photographs dating from 1839 to 1945 from the collection of the Dresden Kupferstich-Kabinett

Outline:
The Dresden Kupferstich-Kabinett possesses one of the oldest collections of photographs held in an art museum anywhere in German-speaking Europe. The collection was started in 1899, the main focal point initially being on fine art photography of the period around 1900. The holdings dating from between 1839 and 1945 are now being investigated as part of a research project which was launched in July 2008. The results will be published in a comprehensive catalogue, which will be presented along with an exhibition in the winter of 2010/11.

Project organisers:
Kupferstich-Kabinett, Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden

Project funding:
Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung, PRH-Promotor-Stiftung

Duration:
1 July 2008 until 31 December 2010

Project manager:
Dr. Agnes Matthias

Contact:
Agnes.Matthias@skd.museum

Research assistants:
Fabian Knierim, Christin Krause (recipients of scholarships for “Museum Curators for Photography” awarded by the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung, Kupferstich-Kabinett)

Exhibition:
"KunstFOTOGRAFIE". Emancipation of a Medium
Residenzschloss Dresden, Kupferstich-Kabinett (3rd floor)
Winter 2010/11

Conference:
"Fotografie im Museum". Photography in the Museum
February 2011

 

Heinrich Kühn. Hans vor dem Schrank kniend.