to main navigation

to content

to area navigation

Dresdener Kunstblätter

The historic quarterly magazine of the Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden

The first issue was published 50 years ago. Shortly before, the sensational news had spread that the artworks of the Dresden Gallery, which had been dispatched by the Soviet trophy commission, will be returned to Dresden. Following the relocation of the majority of artworks from all collections after the end of the war, museum operation could have been executable for the first time. The Gallery in the Semper building opened on June 3, 1956. In the beginning of 1957, readers were able to hold the first issue of the Dresdener Kunstblätter in their hands (previously known as “Dresdener Galerieblätter).

The Dresdener Kunstblätter are an integral part of the Staatliche Kunstsammlungen. They provide valuable insights to visitors and friends of the museums and cover the lives of the collections, research, restoration, exhibitions and museum education as well. For more information about past issues contact the publisher Sandstein-Verlag.

The Kunstblätter are quarterly published in German at the Sandstein Verlag (Dresden). A yearly subscription costs 18.00 EUR. You can order via mail, phone, fax or e-mail. Free samples are also provided:
Konstanze Krüger (research assistant Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister and editorial assistant Dresdner Kunstblätter).

Jenny Brückner, M.A.
Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden 
Editorial Office "Dresdener Kunstblätter"
Postfach 120 551
01006 Dresden

Tel.: + 49 (0)351 49 14 7352
Fax: + 49 (0)351 49 14 7555
E-Mail: redaktion@skd.museum